Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This isn't an oriental type cashew chicken dish, it's simply juicy chicken breasts that have been dipped in buttermilk and coated with crunchy ground cashews. From "Great Food From Mom's Diner".
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter in a roasting pan and melt in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the buttermilk and egg.
- In another shallow dish, combine the ground cashews, flour, and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk mixture, then coat with the cashew mixture.
- Place chicken in roasting pan, turning to coat with melted butter.
- Bake uncovered, for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until chicken becomes golden brown.