Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
As there’s no gluten to develop, kneading isn’t necessary for this bread. It has air pockets, a crisp crust and an earthy, warm taste. We loved it. This bread recipe said great tasting for those who like gluten. Recipe Source: Relish mag
- Place potato starch, almond flour, oat flour and millet flour in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low speed about 30 seconds to blend well. Add yeast, xanthan gum and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour warm water, eggs, canola oil and honey into dry ingredients. Mix on medium speed until dough has come together. It will be soft.
- Place dough in a large oiled bowl. Cover with a clean cloth; let dough rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- At the end of rising, preheat oven to 425°F Cut dough into halves and form 2 small boules (rustic ovals). Make 3 (¼-inch deep) cuts with a serrated knife on top of each boule.
- Place boules on a pizza stone or baking sheet on the bottom rack of oven. Bake 30 minutes, until bread is browned and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool 30 minutes before slicing.