Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hand these out to the terrors from across the street next Halloween!
Make and share this Crusty Booger Balls recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut, 1/3 cup of the unprepared gelatin, almonds, and almond extract.
- Mix well with a large mixing spoon or rubber spatula.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for about an hour or until mixture is firm enough to mold in your hands.
- Scoop by ½ teaspoonfuls and shape into various-sized booger balls.
- Place them on a baking sheet, lined with a sheet of waxed paper.
- Make sure they are all slightly different, just as each and every booger is unique and special.
- Place a second sheet of waxed paper on your work surface and pour remaining unprepared lime gelatin on the center of the waxed paper.
- Roll each ball in gelatin to coat well and create a thin outer layer.
- Then place back on the baking sheet.
- Return boogers to the refrigerator for and hour before serving, and store any extras in the refrigerator.
This recipe makes a LOT of boogers. They look just right (nasty) and taste great but even my hoard of ravening Halloween monsters didn't eat them all. I suppose by that time they had eaten so much candy they they just couldn't eat any more!