Recipe by echo echo
My (obnoxiously thin) sister made either this or Barbecue-Flavored Beef Squares (Barbecue Flavored Beef Squares) constantly while in college. It's not for weight-watchers but it's mud easy and a huge man-pleaser and kid-pleaser. You can add in a vegetable or two if you want to make it a more rounded one-dish meal.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 (10 1/4 ounce) cans meatless mushroom spaghetti sauce (or 1 ½ [26 oz] jars)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 lb) carton thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated (4 c)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion in oil until soft.
- Add the meat and cook, stirring, until is brown; drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce and salt; heat.
- Arrange half of noodles, half of meat sauce, and half of cheese in layers in a 3-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 325° 1 hour until brown.