Recipe by NoSpringChicken
This is my version of the delicious potatoes we get at one of our local restaurants. I do like these crunchy skins! This is traditional with meat loaf at our house.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
I have made these several times now, and I recommend baking at 425 for 1 hour. I do use rather large russet or Idaho potatoes. The skins are crisp and tasty, and no one leaves a bit of the potato uneaten! I have been told by a dinner guest that this was the best potato he had ever had! You can't do better than that. Thanks for sharing this.
- 1 medium russet potato
- 3 -4 drops olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- garlic powder
- other seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potato and dry well.
- Pierce potato 8-10 times with the sharp end of knife.
- Mix dry seasonings in a small sack.
- Rub potato with oil.
- Shake with the seasonings in sack until evenly coated.
- Bake for about an hour or until tender.
- Do NOT wrap in foil.
- Serves one.
- Easy to add more potatoes!
- P.S. Bake at 400 or 425 degrees to get those crunchy skins. Janice.