Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple and totally easy to prepare. Works well as a quick side for meatloaf, hamburgers, or Salisbury Steak, or just plain steak!
- 4 medium baking potatoes, pared (left whole)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (use vegetable margarine if vegan)
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (or vegan sour cream)
- 1 pinch chives, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together cornflake crumbs and seasonings in a medium bowl/ or medium Ziploc bag.
- Brush whole potatoes with butter.
- Coat potatoes with cornflake crumb mixture.
- Arrange in an un-greased baking pan, 9X9X2 inches.
- Bake uncovered for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chives, if desired.
These potatoes were yummy! I pulverized the corn flakes in my food processor and I have to say how amazing the potatoes were! Even though I removed the skins prior to baking, the corn flakes them selves acted just like a crunchy skin. Thanks for posting Andi!
What a great idea! It's so hot here I decided to cut the potatoes in half horizontally to reduce the baking time. I brushed even the cut sides with butter & rolled in the crumbs. I loved the results. Crunchy, and with a dab of fat free sour cream we didn't even want extra butter. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
This was so easy and tasted great. A different way to enjoy baked potatoes, I didn't have corn flakes so used panko and that worked great. Had a nice spicey flavor as we added some crushed red peppers to the panko mix. Our potatoes are really big so I too cut them in half before breading and baking. Topped with sour cream