Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Simple and totally easy to prepare. Works well as a quick side for meatloaf, hamburgers, or Salisbury Steak, or just plain steak!
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
These potatoes were yummy! I pulverized the corn flakes in my food processor and I have to say how amazing the potatoes were! Even though I removed the skins prior to baking, the corn flakes them selves acted just like a crunchy skin. Thanks for posting Andi!
- 4 medium baking potatoes, pared (left whole)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (use vegetable margarine if vegan)
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (or vegan sour cream)
- 1 pinch chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together cornflake crumbs and seasonings in a medium bowl/ or medium Ziploc bag.
- Brush whole potatoes with butter.
- Coat potatoes with cornflake crumb mixture.
- Arrange in an un-greased baking pan, 9X9X2 inches.
- Bake uncovered for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chives, if desired.