Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is Mom June's recipe she found somewhere. She did not reveal the ource of the recipe. Had it for Thanksgiving '06 and it was very good.
- 1 (1 -1 1/4 lb) eggplant
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Peel eggplant, if you wish.
- Cut into 3/4" slices. Sprinkle salt on both sides of slices. Let stand for 30 minutes; rinse with water and pat dry.
- In a pie pan, beat egg slightly. In another pan, combine cheese, bread crumbs and parsley. Dust each eggplant slice with flour, dip in egg to coat all over, and dredge in crumb mixture.
- Brush butter over bottom of a shallow, rimmed baking pan. Arrange eggplant slices in butter in a single layer. Bake uncovered, in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes; turning once to brown both sides.
Great! didnt add flour to reduce the carbs.
Ate it the next day cold as a snack as well.
Very good. Needs a little garlic.