Recipe by Baby Kato
This is so easy to make; you won't believe how juicy the chicken is. The potato flakes makes the skin so crusty. Lovely with a simple green salad, baguette and fresh fruit.
- 3 lbs chicken, cut in pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, ground
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Trim and wash chicken, pat dry and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and milk together.
- In a separate bowl, combine potato flakes, salt, paprika, garlic salt, ground pepper, poultry seasoning and cheese.
- Dip chicken in egg then roll in the potato flake mixture.
- Place chicken on pan and sprinkle with melted butter.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 45 minutes, turning the chicken once.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°F and bake for another 10- 15 minutes.