Recipe by Leslie in Texas
A good and easy recipe that tastes wonderful! This comes from a longtime dear friend and goes great with baked ham.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans asparagus, drained and chopped
- 2 cups cheese crackers, crushed to crumbs (Cheese-Its are good in this)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1 cup longhorn cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine asparagus, cheese cracker crumbs, cheese and pimento.
- Spray a 9x13x2-inch dish with cooking spray and spread asparagus mixture in it.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over the asparagus mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Note: This cannot be prepared more than an hour or two before serving because the texture becomes soggy.