Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a very good meatloaf. Takes a little while, but is worth it. Cook time does not include dough thaw time.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (I use ground round)
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Thaw bread dough in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cover; let stand on floured surface at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Set aside 1 tsp of the beaten eggs for glaze.
- Combine remaining ingredients; mix lightly.
- Shape into a 9x4 loaf in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes; drain.
- Press bread dough onto the bottom of greasted 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 jelly roll pan.
- Place meatloaf in center of dough.
- Fold the short dough ends over loaf.
- Cut 6 strips of dough on each side of the long ends and cross over top.
- Brush with reserved egg.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.