Recipe by Annette1
A vegetable quiche.
Top Review by grumpychef
After reading the other reviews, I changed the recipe abit. I figured most of the excess liquid was coming from the tomatoes. So, I took 1/4 tsp. of the total salt and sprinkled it over the tomato slices and then placed the slices between two paper towels. While the slices were resting(approx.20 min.) I prepared the rest of the recipe. I added an additional egg for a total of 4 eggs and I also whisked in 2 T. of flour to the egg mixture. In addition to the oregano, I added, 1 T. chopped, fresh Basil. Draining the tomatoes and adding the extra egg and flour, made for a firmer but still light texture. My family, including my non-vegetable eating husband loved it. There were no leftovers.
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté zucchini and onion until soft.
- Butter a pie plate, put zucchini mixture in plate and then arrange sliced tomato on top of zucchini.
- Add salt and pepper, oregano, and then top with shredded cheese.
- Combine eggs and milk pour on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until set.