Recipe by dsalz01
This recipe is actually a variation of another recipe found on this website. I increased the vegetables to make the recipe a little healthier.
- 4 medium yellow squash
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium vidalia onion
- 1 cup green beans, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large eggs, beaten by hand
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, finely diced
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dice onion and begin to saute in olive oil over medium heat. Meanwhile, cut each squash into quarters and then slice thinly. Chop mushrooms as necessary to ensure that there are no large pieces.
- After 4 or 5 minutes, add mushrooms, squash, and green beans to onions in pan and continue to saute until vegetables are tender. Remove pan from heat and transfer vegetables to collander to drain off excess liquid.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in large bowl and mix well by hand. Stir in vegetables.
- Pour mixture into greased oblong (9X13) glass dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Quiche is done when top is lightly browned and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before serving. Makes 6 large servings.