Recipe by Derf
Wonderfull Quiche, no need for crust. from Readers Digest
Top Review by AnnaJ22
This was heaven! Who needs a crust when you can make quiche like this? It was so quick and easy and made my kitchen smell wonderful as it was baking. I woke up wanting something a little fancier than an omelette, and did a quick search. I had to make a few changes based on what I had on hand. I can't find gruyere where I live so I used generic mixed cheese and it was still amazing. I added some small cubes of ham and also some thin red pepper slices and minced garlic that I needed to use up. It was perfect! Also used cherry tomatoes because I didn't have the plum-sized ones. They baked up very nicely. So flavorful! And did I mention it was quick and easy? So happy with this recipe! Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In bottom of lightly greased 9 inch quiche dish or pie plate, spread cheese.
- Layer onion, then tomato slices over cheese.
- Sprinkle basil over tomatoes.
- Beat together eggs with milk, salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour egg mixture over tomatoes.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until filling is just set in the centre.