1/2 Photos of Crustless Tomato and Basil Quiche (Low Carb)
WI Cheesehead's Note:
I got this from the Low Sodium Cooking newsletter. This tastes best with fresh garden tomatoes. A great recipe to use up some of the summer garden produce. I used leeks and cheddar cheese because I had those on hand and it still tasted wonderful! You could add a baked crust if you want to, but it's not necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Spray 9" pie pan with cooking spray and layer 1/2 cup of cheese on the bottom.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute onion until soft; layer over cheese in pie pan.
- 4Sprinkle tomato slices with flour and basil, then saute 1 minute on each side; layer over onions in pie pan.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk, season with pepper and pour over the onion/tomato layers in the pie pan.
- 6Sprinkle top of quiche with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake at 400° F for 10 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to 350° F and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until filling is puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crustless Tomato and Basil Quiche (Low Carb)
Serving Size: 1 (937 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.0
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 99.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 8.3 g