1/9 Photos of Crustless Swiss Chard Quiche
I have been working on perfecting the perfect crustless quiche recipe for years. I always use spinach, but I bought some Rainbow Swiss Chard at the local farmer's market today, and I thought I'd give it a try in quiche. I used Rainbow Chard (pink/yellow/white/orange stems---- BEAUTIFUL), but you can use any chard (or try substituting other greens) I do notice that fresh greens give a much better taste than frozen greens though!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Wash and dry swiss chard. Cut off the very ends of the stems. Roughly chop (leaving stems intact) the chard.
- 3Add onion and Chard to the oil and saute until stems are tender (do not overcook). Add salt & pepper to taste.
- 4Meanwhile, grate 2.5 cups of cheese. Use whatever varieties you want/have. Be creative! I used Swiss, Cheddar, Parmesan, and Cojito.
- 5Wisk eggs. Add milk and cheese. Fold in the onion/chard mixture. Add salt & pepper to taste, if necessary.
- 6Pour into a pie dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- 7Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and no liquid seeps when you poke it with a knife.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crustless Swiss Chard Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.5
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.2 mg
- Sodium 446.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 11.8 g