Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
For our guest on restrictive diets.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (equivalent to 2 eggs)
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup artificial sweetener (equivalent to 3/4 cup sugars)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs
- light whipped topping (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, egg substitute, egg whites and sweetener, beat until smooth.
- Add the spices and salt, beat until well mixed.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour into a 9-in. pie plate that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 325°F for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- If desired, garnish with a dollop of whipped topping and sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Sweet 'N Low or Sweet One are recommended for baking.
Gluten free, sugar freeze version I got the similar recipe at a WW meeting. I think it might come from an old Bisquick "impossible pie", in which bisquick was used instead of the graham crackers. Now I have celiac disease (must eat gluten free), so I use 2/3 splenda, and I substitute sorghum flour and I little bit of baking power for the graham crakers. I eliminate the egg whites and add 1 to 2 tbsp of sugar free maple syrup. I put in all in the blender, (it takes about 3 mintues to assemble), and pore in a pie pan. It's great, it stays together in nice pieces, and makes a great healthy snack. My personal trainer loved it.
This was great! thank you. I just wanted to taste the graham crackers more so I sprinkled a think layer of crumbs on top about halfway through baking it. Also, in an attempt to make it all low calorie, I used all egg whites and the total pie came out to just 600 calories! (would have been a lot less without graham crackers) and was delicious!