1/4 Photos of Crustless Stir-Fry Quiche, or Scrambled Omelette
I was craving for quiche, but wanted to make it healthier and easier (less dishes to wash). So, I ended up cooking everything in the frying pan, and skipped the baking step. The cooking time is just a guess... I'm slow when it comes to chopping x_X
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the onion and ham into 1 cm squares.
- 2Separate the stem and leaves of the parsley, then chop each.
- 3Heat a stir-fry pan to medium-high, add oil.
- 4Cook the onion till it softens a bit. Don't caramelize it! Then add ham and the stem portion of the parsley. Stir for a minute or two.
- 5Add spinach, stir and cover. If the frying pan becomes too dry, add a little bit of milk.
- 6Meanwhile, use a fork to beat eggs in a medium bowl, then add the milk to the eggs. As you whisk the mixture, add salt and pepper (I don't usually measure by teaspoonfuls, so I'm not sure exactly how much I used -- use your best judgment). Put in the parsley leaves as well.
- 7When the spinach shrinks, reduce the heat to medium. Add the egg mixture, and mix evenly.
- 8Stir the bottom of the pan as the "quiche" cooks. When about half of the liquid is cooked, mix in cheese, reserving some for top.
- 9Cover and let the eggs steam in the pan. Don't be tempted to open the lid - or the top won't cook!
- 10Remove the quiche wholly, or scramble it and transfer to a pie dish. Top with cheese & enjoy =).
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crustless Stir-Fry Quiche, or Scrambled Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.6
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 387.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: