Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was craving for quiche, but wanted to make it healthier and easier (less dishes to wash). So, I ended up cooking everything in the frying pan, and skipped the baking step. The cooking time is just a guess... I'm slow when it comes to chopping x_X
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 ounces ham, your choice
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 stalk fresh parsley
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chop the onion and ham into 1 cm squares.
- Separate the stem and leaves of the parsley, then chop each.
- Heat a stir-fry pan to medium-high, add oil.
- Cook the onion till it softens a bit. Don't caramelize it! Then add ham and the stem portion of the parsley. Stir for a minute or two.
- Add spinach, stir and cover. If the frying pan becomes too dry, add a little bit of milk.
- Meanwhile, use a fork to beat eggs in a medium bowl, then add the milk to the eggs. As you whisk the mixture, add salt and pepper (I don't usually measure by teaspoonfuls, so I'm not sure exactly how much I used -- use your best judgment). Put in the parsley leaves as well.
- When the spinach shrinks, reduce the heat to medium. Add the egg mixture, and mix evenly.
- Stir the bottom of the pan as the "quiche" cooks. When about half of the liquid is cooked, mix in cheese, reserving some for top.
- Cover and let the eggs steam in the pan. Don't be tempted to open the lid - or the top won't cook!
- Remove the quiche wholly, or scramble it and transfer to a pie dish. Top with cheese & enjoy =).
Lovely Sunday Brunch. I added a half green tomato, added 4 drops of Denzel's Peaches & Scream and left off the cheese. Very tasty Thanks for posting