1/2 Photos of Crustless Spinach Ricotta Quiche
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This dish is great, especially if your a fan of spinach like I am. The dill weed adds a nice "spring-like" flavor
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 cups fresh spinach or 2 packages frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (can use part skim or low fat ricotta)
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a 9" pie dish.
- 3Steam the fresh spinach until just wilted.
- 4(Or thaw frozen spinach and steam for about 5 minutes).
- 5Press the water out of the cooked spinach and set aside.
- 6Heat the oil in a small skillet and cook the onions until soft but not brown.
- 7Combine the ricotta cheese, eggs, dill, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- 8Add the prepared spinach, tomatoes, and onions.
- 9Mix thoroughly and place mixture into the pie pan.
- 10Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- 11Let the quiche cool for 5 or 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crustless Spinach Ricotta Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 214.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 8.9 g