I found this on the internet, I think on a Cabot cheese site, when looking for a way to use up some leftover egg whites. I like it for breakfast or brunch with fruit salad but it could easily be a side dish for dinner.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add spinach and stir until moisture has evaporated, about 3 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Top with spinach mixture.
- In medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg, cottage cheese, cayenne, salt and nutmeg.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over spinach.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.