Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This simple-to-make quiche is great for a simple dinner or lunch with green salad. Recipe was adapted from Bon Appetit (January 1981).
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spray 9-inch pie plate with Pam. (I use a corning ware quiche dish).
- Heat oil in skillet over med. high heat. Add onion and saute until browned (5 min).
- Add spinach; cook until excess moisture evaporates. Let cool.
- Beat eggs in bowl. Add cheese.
- Stir egg-cheese mixture into onion-spinach mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Turn into pie pan, spreading top evenly.
- Bake until top is browned and tester (I use a toothpick) comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
This was very easy to make, i added mushroom with the onions and used a different type of cheese as i didn't have the one recommended but the end result as fantastic, thanks ellie2 i had never heard of a crustless quiche before i will definatly be making this again.
YUM! Made and served this this morning for our Easter brunch. Very nice flavor. I loved the Meunster cheese! And it was really, really easy. I cut it into pie wedges and served--everyone really liked it. Thanks for posting!
Great spinach dish! This was really easy to throw together and the end result was very nice looking. We served this with a "side" of lemon pepper chicken breast. I will be making this dish often. Thanks for the great recipe :)