Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the best quiche recipe! It so quick and easy to make. There are a lot less carbohydrates then a regular quiche (with a crust) and it tastes better too!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- sliced black olives (optional)
- Combine spinach, cottage cheese, mozzarella, bacon, green onions, mushrooms, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch pie dish.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle with the olive slices.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
A very tasty recipe, and I didn't miss the crust at all. I used a 6 ounce bag of spinach which I wilted in 1 tsp. of the reserved bacon drippings. I also used reduced fat cheeses, and a blend of ricotta and cottage cheese. I used fresh portabello mushrooms rather than canned mushrooms as well. What a great keeper! Thanks. I'm going to post this at the South Beach Diet Online with your permission.
This was super easy and very good. I made it as a side dish so did not add bacon and had to skip the mushrooms because one guest doesn't eat them. I will make it with everything next time :-)
I've made this twice now and enjoyed it both times. It fits in great with my low carb lifestyle! The first time I made it as written and the second time I used diced ham instead of bacon and regular onion instead of green onion. I do have to bake it about 20 minutes longer than the recipes states.