Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful dish even for people who don't like spinach or broccoli. It's quick and easy and makes great left-overs. I got it from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking...published by Vicki Schrupp.
- 3 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 (12 ounce) cupsshredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese.
- Add milk, eggs and pepper.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a quiche pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
I gave this 5 stars because it was VERY easy to make and tasted great (even without the mushrooms). It made a wonderful lunch, together with a garden salad. I will be making this again.
Absolute rave reviews from about a dozen ladies. Many commented "I don't usually like . . ." I did make some changes because I needed MORE so I basically doubled the recipe (used 10 oz fresh spinach instead of frozen and no brocolli) used 2 cups diced ham, 12 oz fresh mushrooms - sauted the firm veggies and ham then wilted the spinach and patted everything dry. I used a casserole stone and a 9" pie tin to bake, put slightly different additions in each for the ones who don't like onions, etc. Turned out perfect & I hadn't made quiche in 20 years! Will make again and again. Thank you, PMP!
Wonderful!! DH is avoiding carbs so I made this for dinner and he/we really enjoyed it! Based on the other wonderful reviews it seemed that it is a flexible dish if you stick to the basic milk, eggs and cheese ratio so I did do that and replaced some of the cheese with colby-jack. I used what "fillers" I had on hand...spinach, green peppers, green onions, mushrooms and 1/2 lb. cooked breakfast sausage. It was marvelous. I can't wait to pick up some broccoli and try it with that. Thanks PMP for a delicious dish that will be a standard at our house.