Recipe by Nymphadora Tonks
My first attempt at this is actually half the recipe as I live alone and wanted to try it. It's from my LapBand clinic's website and is fantastic.
Top Review by Alaska_Chick
This was my first attempt at a quiche and it turned out perfect! I used sour cream in place of the table cream, and I used all colby-jack cheese because that's what I had on hand. I also added some leftover ham that I diced (to keep hubby happy) and a couple of shallots. I will make this again! Thank you!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup table cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft.
- Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, table cream, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add spinach mixture and stir to blend.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.