Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was given this recipe years ago at a WW meeting, a since lost. I love this recipe on or off the program! After much searching - I finally called a friend that again shared this wonderful recipe. I post so that I will never again lose a recipe! WW program - 3 points per serving.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup skim milk
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain very well.
- In bowl combine eggs, egg whites, feta cheese, milk, mushrooms, onions.
- Season accordingly (the cheese is fairly salty on its own - I usually used 1/4 teaspoon salt & then go heavy with the pepper).
- Spray 10" quiche pan with cooking spray and pour in mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes or until done.
I really enjoyed this! I used 1/2 cup of feta ( to lower the calories) and first cooked the onions ( used a whole onion) and mushrooms together until they were soft. I don't have a quiche pan so I just sprayed a glass pie plate, and that worked fine. My only real problem with this recipe is that it was still liquid in the center at 35 mins, so I raised the temp to 350 degrees and let it cook a little longer until the center looked done. I will definitely be using this one again! Thanks for a tasty low "points" recipe.