Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
One of my good friends made this for our monthly lunch get-together. I fell in love with it and have made it several times since.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (7 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- Saute/stir the green pepper, onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and garlic in hot oil until crisp-tender.
- Drain and cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and ricotta cheese; whisk until well blended.
- Add in the sauteed vegetables and the remaining ingredients; stir to blend.
- Pour mixture into a 10-inch springform pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 1 hour or until set.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
I didn't have the mushrooms and zucchini plus I had to sub some cream cheese for the ricotta cheese. Cooked it all right in the fry pan and finished off in the oven. Some of my co-workers had never heard of a quiche without crust.