Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Do you have a little bit of leftover ham or mushrooms? It doesn't take much of any of them and you can have a real feast with this Italian pie. I like it best using pepperoni, mushrooms and onions.
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup chopped salami or 1⁄3 cup pepperoni or 1⁄3 cup ham
- 1⁄4 cup total sauteed mushrooms or 1⁄4 cup onions or 1⁄4 cup zucchini, in any combination that you prefer
- olive oil
- Combine ricotta, mozzarella and eggs, mixing well.
- Blend in spinach.
- Add remaining ingredients mixing well.
- Pour into a buttered 10" springform pan.
- Drizzle the top with a small amount of olive oil for a golden color.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
This was really good. I made it with some homemade whole milk ricotta and DH's homemade salami, with sauteed mushrooms as my add-in. It took 45 minutes in a 9-inch springform, which I'm glad I used because I think it would have been much too thin in a 10-inch pan. A Iittle drizzle with white truffle oil just before serving added a nice extra layer of flavor. I love that it's so quick to put together and am looking forward to trying different add-in combinations. Thanks for posting - this one's a keeper!
OMG!!! This is the 1st review I've ever entered and all I can say is I saved it for a FENOM! recipe. I made 2 changes - used bacon instead of ham/peperoni as that was what I had available, and I used fresh spinach, steamed, instead of frozen. I've eaten this for 6 meals in a row - my roommate is eating it too and I'll make it again this weekend - THank you thank you thank you!