Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I came up with this when I was among the many doing the Atkin's Low Carb dieting... This was something tasty without all the carbs. You may have to play with the measurements a bit as I never measured it, I just dumped it in a bowl all together and mixed it adding as I saw fit.
- Cook bacon (as crispy as you like) and crumble. Drain on paper towels to absorb excess grease and set aside.
- Saute onion just a bit so they won't be crunchy in your quiche. Place with bacon on yor paper towel.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add cheeses, milk, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Mix in bacon and onions. Stir in spinach.
- Put in sprayed 9 inch pie pan or 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into quiche comes out clean.
I absolutely loved this recipe. I had the mixtures of 3 cheese shredded and Tex Mex shredded cheese, and I used those and I probably used a little less spinach, but for the most part I followed this recipe to a T and loved it. My daughter is a Quiche lover but doesn't like spinach and she came back for seconds!!
I like these. I actually did mine in a non-stick muffin tin. They took 29 min. at 350 and made an even dozen. There was just a smidge too much mix for a dozen. The eggs rose while cooking and there was just a little bit of cooked egg on the flat part of the muffin tin. I also subbed turkey bacon since that's what I had on hand. I plan to freeze them so that I can pop them in the microwave for a quick grab-n-go breakfast.
I tried this recipe because it is very similar to a South Beach crustless quiche I often make. I prefer this version. :) The recipe doesn't say where to add the spinach so I put it into the egg mixture with the onion and bacon. I also forgot to add the milk but it still turned out great. I will be making this often (with the milk) and use turkey bacon to cut down on the sodium. Thanks for sharing this great breakfast, KaraRN!