Recipe by SeriousMoms
I made up this recipe, and I love it! It is yummy and a GREAT way to use up leftover salmon.
Top Review by schinsup1
Whoa cowgirl...back away from the pepper. This is only edible with the sour cream. Going forward I'll add more cheese, less PEPPER and more salt. Thanks for a new idea for leftovers but too bad it fell to the bottom of the list.
- 1 cup salmon, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 green onion, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9 inch pie plate.
- Toss the salmon and cheese with the flour, and place in the bottom of the buttered pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the cheese and salmon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Serve hot, top each piece with a dollop of sour cream and sliced green onions.
- Note: I use leftover salmon to make this, and I usually bake my salmon with spices, including plenty of garlic--you may want to add a little garlic to this recipe if you didn't cook your salmon this way.
- Lower Carb/Gluten Free Version: You can omit the flour if you choose to, I think it makes the whole recipe a bit wetter that way, though--for my picky kids' sake, I like to make it a little drier. We call it "salmon pie" and even the kids who "hate" eggs eat this one. :).