Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I made up this recipe, and I love it! It is yummy and a GREAT way to use up leftover salmon.
- 1 cup salmon, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 green onion, sliced (optional)
- Butter a 9 inch pie plate.
- Toss the salmon and cheese with the flour, and place in the bottom of the buttered pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the cheese and salmon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Serve hot, top each piece with a dollop of sour cream and sliced green onions.
- Note: I use leftover salmon to make this, and I usually bake my salmon with spices, including plenty of garlic--you may want to add a little garlic to this recipe if you didn't cook your salmon this way.
- Lower Carb/Gluten Free Version: You can omit the flour if you choose to, I think it makes the whole recipe a bit wetter that way, though--for my picky kids' sake, I like to make it a little drier. We call it "salmon pie" and even the kids who "hate" eggs eat this one. :).
Whoa cowgirl...back away from the pepper. This is only edible with the sour cream. Going forward I'll add more cheese, less PEPPER and more salt. Thanks for a new idea for leftovers but too bad it fell to the bottom of the list.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe SeriousMom! I followed the directions exactly, except that I didn't have any green onions. I used leftover grilled salmon, which I highly flavor with garlic, rosemary, lime, cumin and coriander when it was grilled, so those flavors came out in the quiche. This is a great way to use up leftovers without having to make a pie crust!