Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is likely from a magazine ad as it contains a Bicks product. It has been copied in my book for a few years. It is a nice meatless meal.I serve with a colourful garden salad.
- 1 (213 g) can salmon
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup bicks tangy dill relish
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or Swiss)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Drain salmon, reserving liquid.
- In blender combine salmon liquid, eggs, milk, flour, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a greased deep 10" pie plate.
- Sprinkle salmon, relish, cheeses,and onion on top, pressing in lightly to coat cheese with egg mixture.
- Bake @400F 25-35 min until set and golden.
- Let stand 5 min before serving.
A simple tasty quiche! I made this for a late breakfast for DH and I. I used 3 eggs, 1 cup of cream and 1/2 of all the other ingredients. I really liked the thin crust which formed on the botton after it was baked! I added a few chunks of the cheddar along with the grated cheese. The liquid from the salmon enhances the flavour, I thought it might be too fishy, but it was fine. I prepared this for PAC Spring 2009.