Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This a wonderful quiche recipe from Goya Foods. I have made this with both spinach or kale, which also can be purchased frozen and chopped.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onions, thinly sliced or 1⁄2 cup onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 lb frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten, I use Egg Beaters
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo seasoning, with pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1 1/2 olive oil in a 10 inch oven proof non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until onions are soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer onion mixture to a medium bowl.
- Wipe out pan and set aside.
- Add spinach, quinoa, cream cheese to bowl with onion mixture and stir until well mixed.
- In a separate medium bowl whisk the eggs, cheddar cheese and Adobo.
- Pour egg mixture over quinoa mixture and stir well.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Pour quinoa into skillet pressing down with a spatula into an even layer.
- Cook until bottom of quinoa is golden brown.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven.
- Cook until quiche is cooked through (thin knife inserted into center of quiche comes out clean) and top of quinoa is lightly browned.
- About 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully invert quiche onto serving dish and cut into wedges.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.