1/3 Photos of Crustless Quiche Square
Meg G's Note:
I wanted an egg & cheese appetizer to add to a brunch that I was preparing. I needed to prepare it a day ahead and didn't have time to make pie crust. My friends asked for the recipe and my family enjoyed them too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 -2 tablespoon onion flakes or 1/4 cup sauteed onion
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1/2-1 cup shrimp or 1/2-1 cup crabmeat or 1/2-1 cup ham or 1/2-1 cup bacon or 1/2-1 cup broccoli or 1/2-1 cup mushroom, whichever you prefer
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place 1 tbsp butter in a 9 inch square or 10 x 6 inch pan.
- 3Melt in the oven about 3 minutes.
- 4Beat together eggs, milk, basil, salt, onion, and pepper.
- 5Add your filling from above.
- 6Stir in 3/4 cup grated cheese.
- 7Pour into baking dish.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 9Bake 35- 40 minutes until centre puffs up and is firm.
- 10A knife inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- 11Let stand 5- 10 minutes before serving.
- 12Don't under cook as it will be runny and don't over cook as it will be dry.
- 13Makes about 24 squares.
- 14You can prepare a day or 2 ahead and reheat in oven for a few minutes until warm.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crustless Quiche Square
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 48.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: