I got this recipe from a friend of mine and they are delicious!!! I had never had quiche before and we loved these. They are great for appetizers or even for a meal. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!!!
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino romano cheese (you can also use Parmesan, Asiago, or Feta make sure it is grated)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (you can also use Mexican blend)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (coarse ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 small red onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus (chopped)
- 1 cup bell pepper (chopped, I use 1/3 cup yellow, 1/3 cup orange & either 1/3 cup red or green)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (diced)
- 2 cups fresh spinach (chopped, you can also use frozen)
- 1 lb bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins w/ cooking spray.
- Fry up the bacon (cooked crispy & crumbled). You can use the bacon grease to sautee the vegetables.
- Sautee onion and peppers, then add asparagus, then mushrooms and last of all the spinach. All must be soft, but not overdone.
- Beat eggs until fluffy and add the cream, garlic salt, pepper and Italian seasonings.
- Add cheese and bacon; mix well with the eggs.
- Add the sauteed vegges and mix well.
- Pour into muffin tins (3/4 full or so).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, but do not over cook.