Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
DD gave me this idea when she made a crustless quiche using real eggs, cream and a variety of veggies. I substituted egg beaters and my own variety of fresh veggies. It made a hit with DH and me at breakfast this morning.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
- salt and pepper
- Chop and slice the veggies.
- Grate the cheese Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Spray an 8" round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the quiche in the cake pan.
- Put in a preheated 350º oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Quiche is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For this recipe I thought it would be better to pre-cook the mushrooms and spinach so it would have more flavor and wouldn't get watery. I used a whole salad bag full of baby spinach and a small container of sliced mushrooms. The end result was beautiful plated, and very delicious. I will definately be making this again. Thanks for sharing!
I also pre cooked the swiss chard and sliced baby portobella mushrooms that I used and layered them along with sliced green onion into a oiled1quiche pan and then topped with carton of egg-beaters and shredded jalenpeno montery jack --wonderful flavor
We really enjoyed this quiche. I chose this recipe to make because it is low cholesterol, low carb & low fat. I made this recipe as you suggested, only adding about 1/2 cup skim milk. We were absolutely thrilled with the finished dish. The flavor was great, and the colors were very agreeable. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I will definately use it again.