Recipe by Cindy Lynn
This is the recipe that inspired me to purchase a Corning Ware quiche dish, not that it is an absolute requirement. A girlfriend from college (she and I were both returning adult students) gave me this recipe, upon my request, after she'd served it at one of our get-togethers. A crust forms as the quiche is baking. This can be served just about any time.
Top Review by Dana-MMH
SUPERB!! I made this tonight for dinner for a change, DD frowned at it and asked for seconds :-) Instead of swiss cheese I just used all mild cheddar, and a green onion too. Thanks for a good recipe!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄4-1 cup ham or 1⁄4-1 cup Canadian bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix half of both cheeses with all other ingredients.
- Put into greased 8-inch pyrex pie pan (or quiche dish).
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 2 minutes more or until cheese begins to brown on edges.
- Cut into wedges or squares and serve immediately.
- Note: Can be baked in a 9 X 13 glass baking pan if recipe is doubled.