Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A really easy and healthy way to have quiche... without the crust, but with all the goodness of a quiche! Enjoy!
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1⁄4 onion
- 3 mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop zucchini, onion, and mushrooms.
- Place each type of vegetable into a small bowl (3).
- Add a teaspoons of butter to each bowl.
- Microwave vegetables, one at a time, for one minute. Set aside.
- Mix together 5 eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add egg mixture to a glass baking pan.
- Add vegetables to egg mixture and incorporate well.
- Add in the cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Put quiche into the oven for 35-40 minute or until top is golden.
This was exactly what I was looking for, simple, quick, and delicious! I added a couple tablespoons of water, and used eggplant instead of zucchini. Unfortunately I didn't have any mushrooms (but I can't wait to try this again with mushrooms). I used a little less butter and cheese than the recipe asked for, and sauteed the veggies instead of microwaving them. It was very tasty!
Excellent way to have quiche - I made it for my lunches this week and it warms up well. The zucchini and mushrooms really adds a freshness that is delightful! Thanks!