Recipe by Deantini
This is another version of my other recipe for Crustless Quiche - this one is lower in fat as it has no butter, feta instead of cheddar and a bit of bacon.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
This is an excellent crustless quiche, fabulous texture and really great flavour. I found the addition of grated potato very interesting. I didnt want to add the potato and onion raw, so I cooked them off with the bacon, just meant constant moving around in the skillet so the potato didnt stick. I just cooked enough to be soft. I liked the feta in this, very nice change from cheddar, in fact I think that this is my new favourite and I heartily recommend it. I did use dried basil, which I felt was fine in this dish. Thank you, Deantini, very good recipe, made for ZWT8 Family Picks.
- 4 eggs
- 354.88 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 118.29 ml self rising flour
- 85.04 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small onion, shredded on cheese grater
- 1 medium potato, shredded on cheese grater
- 3 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml dried basil or 14.79 ml fresh basil