Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another version of my other recipe for Crustless Quiche - this one is lower in fat as it has no butter, feta instead of cheddar and a bit of bacon.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small onion, shredded on cheese grater
- 1 medium potato, shredded on cheese grater
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- Whip eggs and milk. I use KitchenAid.
- Add flour, whip some more.
- Stir in cheese, bacon, potato and onion.
- Add salt, pepper, basil.
- Pour into a pie dish and bake at 375F for 45 minute.
This is an excellent crustless quiche, fabulous texture and really great flavour. I found the addition of grated potato very interesting. I didnt want to add the potato and onion raw, so I cooked them off with the bacon, just meant constant moving around in the skillet so the potato didnt stick. I just cooked enough to be soft. I liked the feta in this, very nice change from cheddar, in fact I think that this is my new favourite and I heartily recommend it. I did use dried basil, which I felt was fine in this dish. Thank you, Deantini, very good recipe, made for ZWT8 Family Picks.
When making this, I used an immersion stick blender to whip the eggs, milk and flour together. I always enjoy the salty, tangy flavor of feta. I grated the potato and onion over a strainer just to drain any excess liquids off. I made this for Zaar World Tour 8 for the Bistro Babes team.
This was lovely for an easy dinner with salad, I loved the addition of the grated potato but I must say I missed the "punchiness" that a sharper cheese provides..nice for something different though!