Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delicious take on pumpkin pie - even if you don't like pumpkin pie! It's really different due to the cake mix. Best served warm with Cool Whip and nutmeg on top.
- 16 ounces pumpkin
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup butter
- Combine pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, spice and salt, blending well.
- Pour into 13x9 greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix (DRY) over the top and sprinkle on nuts.
- Drizzle butter onto cake mix - DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour, testing for doneness (like you would a pumpkin pie).