Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Since I am not supposed to have bread crust, this allows me to have my pizza and eat it too.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs, plain, grated, dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, slices
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 2 ounces black olives, canned, sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce, low sodium
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded reduced-fat
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix uncooked beef, bread crumbs, oregano, salt and egg.
- Press mixture evenly against bottom and side of ungreased 9 inch pie plate. Spread mushrooms, bell pepper, pepperoni and olives and then a thin layer of cheese on top of beef mixture. Repeat the layer without the cheese. This should fill up the pie.
- Pour tomato sauce over toppings.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes and the beef is no longer pink in center and the juice is clear.
- Carefully drain the juices.
- Sprinkle with cheese bake until the cheese is light brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
This was OK for us. We thought the meat could have used more seasoning and it was really hard to get all the grease out of the pan. Next time I think I would cook the meat without the "toppings", drain the grease and then add the toppings and cook for about five minutes. I think this way it would be easier to drain. Made for Spring PAC 2011.