Recipe by WiGal
Use your blender. I serve ours with steamed broccoli and a salad. Try adding leftover cooked spaghetti, cut into 1 inch pieces, to each compartment after bread crumbs are sprinkled into each compartment.
Top Review by loof
These were really good! I don't care for onion so used green pepper instead, and used bacon as the meat. The tarragon was a great herb to use in this, very nice with the swiss cheese. Easy to make too - thanks for posting the recipe!
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ham or 1 cup shrimp or 1 cup bacon
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, diced
- 4 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 12 standard size muffin cups with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Using blender, combine cheese, half-and-half, mayonnaise, eggs, flour, tarragon, salt, and pepper in blender jar.
- Process until well blended.
- Fill each cup with about a 1 1/2 tablespoons of meat choice, and 1 tablespoon each of mushrooms and 1 teaspoon each of onion.
- Pour equal amounts of egg mixture over each.
- Cups will be about half full.
- Bake 22 minutes, or until quiches are lightly golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Note: The quiches will be puffy when removed from oven, but deflate rapidly.