Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Use your blender. I serve ours with steamed broccoli and a salad. Try adding leftover cooked spaghetti, cut into 1 inch pieces, to each compartment after bread crumbs are sprinkled into each compartment.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 12 standard size muffin cups with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Using blender, combine cheese, half-and-half, mayonnaise, eggs, flour, tarragon, salt, and pepper in blender jar.
- Process until well blended.
- Fill each cup with about a 1 1/2 tablespoons of meat choice, and 1 tablespoon each of mushrooms and 1 teaspoon each of onion.
- Pour equal amounts of egg mixture over each.
- Cups will be about half full.
- Bake 22 minutes, or until quiches are lightly golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Note: The quiches will be puffy when removed from oven, but deflate rapidly.
These were really good! I don't care for onion so used green pepper instead, and used bacon as the meat. The tarragon was a great herb to use in this, very nice with the swiss cheese. Easy to make too - thanks for posting the recipe!
I made these without the meat component, using broccoli instead and they were fabulous. So easy to do and in fact I left DS, aged 26, in charge of cooking them while I went to the gym. I made one dozen in a muffin tray but returned to SIX. That says it all !!! He ate 6 in one hit for breakfast !!!
These little delights were absolutely delicious and so pretty with our brunch. We lowered the onion content a bit for personal taste, but followed the rest of the recipe as is. They set up and held together very nicely and looked quite elegant on our plates. The taste is out of this world and I completely agree with the other reviewers that the tarragon, egg, swiss cheese, mushroom, and breadcrumb combination is just terrific! Thanks for the outstanding recipe!