Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my version of a recipe that I found on-line. It is very versatile and can be used with ham, bacon, Canadian bacon or no meat at all. It makes a very nice dish for a girlfriend brunch or lunch. I served them with mini lemon poppy seed muffins and Tomatoes With Fresh Basil and Aged Balsamic.
- 0.5 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach or 5 ounces chopped broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, finely diced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 6 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the chopped spinach or broccoli in a towel and squeeze dry. Mix in the red bell pepper and Canadian bacon. Divide the mixture between the 6 sections of the muffin tin. Top each with grated cheese.
- Break the eggs into a blender container. Add in milk, flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix until blended. Pour egg mixture evenly over the vegetable mix.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes. With a small spatula gently remove from muffin tin.
- Can be served immediately or allowed to cool and served at room temperature.
Aussie swap #80: These mini quiches were outstanding!! I made using frozen spinach and they were delicious and perfectly portioned for us! Will definitely make again!