- 1 cup tomato & herbs pasta sauce, divided
- 1⁄3 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded pizza cheese, blend
- 2 cups assorted vegetables such as sliced onions, red and green peppers and mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place 3 tbsp (45 mL) pasta sauce in a large bowl; stir in bread crumbs, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Crumble in the beef and mix gently to combine. Press evenly onto a 12-inch (30 cm) rimmed pizza pan.
- Spread the remaining sauce evenly over the beef. Sprinkle with cheese and top with vegetables.
- Bake, on the lowest rack, for 15 to 20 minute or until the pizza is set and the cheese is bubbly.
- Cut into wedges and serve.