Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Freeze this in a Pyrex casserole dish before cooking it, as cooked eggs sometimes have a weird texture after freezing. Thaw, and then cook. (from OAMC "ham plan")
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook ham in skillet over medium heat until lightly browned; set aside.
- Saute' mushrooms in butter in skillet over medium heat until tender. Sprinkle mushroom and ham evenly into a greased 10 inch quiche dish.
- Combine eggs and next 8 ingredients in container of a blender, process until smooth. Stir cheese and parsley into egg mixture, pour over ham and mushrooms.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: One quiche.