Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delicious, creamy cheesy quiche.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 -8 drops hot sauce
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked ham
- Cook mushrooms in butter over low to medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until tender; set aside.
- Combine eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, parmesan, flour onion powder and hot sauce in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Combine egg mixture, mushrooms, Monterey Jack cheese and ham.
- Pour into greased 10-inch quiche dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until set.
The recipe works as written, but for me and my family's taste, it was too rich (can't believe I am saying that). I think I prefer a lighter, eggier texture and maybe not as much cheese. Always appreciate a new recipe to try, so thanks.
This is Really GOOD! Easy to make and has a delicate texture. I put it in my favorites.
I loved it. DH said it was OK. We should have had it for breakfast. It was perfect for a quiche. I added extra ham.