Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a quiche that is so easy and quick. I make it everytime I have company overnight or for lunch. You can substitute most any meat, ie chicken breast or pastrami or sausage. Also you can use spinach instead of broccoli. I have also added chopped tomatoes, but you need to cook a little longer if you do. I like to serve with crusty bread and a salad. My company always love this and ask for the recipe. Enjoy!
- 6 ounces cooked ham, cut in 1/4 inch dice (11/4 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 2 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F and grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Scatter ham, broccoli and cheeses evenly in pie plate.
- Whisk remaining ingredients in a bowl until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 40 minutes or until firm. Cover top with foil if it starts to get too brown.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
I gave this five stars for quickness and easiness alone. I have to say it may have taken about 5 minutes for me to put it all together. I baked it for about 45-50 minutes and did put some foil on at the end. I would maybe increase the cheese next time, but I am a cheese lover and maybe add some crushed red pepper. Thanks for another great dinner sunshine!! I am glad I chose your recipes for the PAC!!
We thought this was one of the best crustless quiches we've tried. It was eggy but not at all rubbery so the texture was nice. I added 1/2 cup diced red pepper, 1/2 t dry mustard, 1/4 t garlic powder, and omitted the salt. Thank you for sharing a recipe I'll be making again! :-)
All I can say is WOW!!! Wish I could give more stars-this was a scrumptous dish!!! Originally was making for breakfast but this was so wonderful and filling that we had it for dinner-SO good and very easy to make-I added more ham though and substituted spinach for the broccoli!! Thanks for a GREAT recipe that will become a staple in my house!! :)