Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
This pie holds together well without a crust, however, the photo was posted made without the flour and does not represent the actual look of the pie.
- 1 (15 ounce) can100% pumpkin puree (such as Libby's)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (the one I use is from Trader Joe's and has cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and cardamon)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour (such as Betty Hagman's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- prepare pie pan by lightly buttering.
- combine sugar, salt, and pie spices in a small bowl.
- beat eggs lightly in large bowl.
- stir in pumpkin and sugar/spice mix.
- slowly stir in evaporated milk blending well.
- stir in gluten free flour
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes. When knife inserted near center comes out clean it is done. Cool on rack for 2 hours and serve. Serve immediatedly or refridgerate.
It sounds very good, could I use a tablespoon of rice flour? My father-in-law has allergies.
Tasty pumpkin dessert! I forgot to add the flour and mine came out great anyway - nice flavor and texture. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This pie saved Thanksgiving for me! I'm the one who makes pumpkin pie for the family Thanksgiving, so when I went gluten-free I knew I still needed to make a pie that the pumpkin pie eaters would like. This fit the bill! My niece even praised it for the lack of crust, she just wants the pumpkin filling. I ended up making my own mix of spices and there were issues with the oven not being hot (I put it in the wrong one!), but the two pies I made turned out wonderfully good. The pie also mixes well with cream cheese for a spread for GF bagels and muffins.