You can cut this tart in small wedges and serve as an appetizer or as an additional side dish, or cut larger pieces for a light entree. Since it is served chilled or at room temperature, this makes perfect picnic food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach (or equivalent fresh)
- 1 clove fresh garlic, peeled & minced
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon mace or 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt (or your favorite substitute)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Cook the frozen spinach according to package directions.
- 3If using fresh spinach, wash it, remove the stems and cook with just as much water as will cling to the leaves.
- 4Cool and drain the spinach well; squeeze dry to remove excess juice.
- 5Combine with eggs, grated Parmesan, mace or nutmeg, seasoned salt, and ricotta cheese.
- 6Rub a 10-inch pie pan with olive oil and spread the spinach mixture evenly around the pan.
- 7Top with pine nuts.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes.
- 9Cool on a rack and refrigerate until packing your picnic basket.
- 10Remove from cooler about one hour before serving, depending on weather conditions.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crustless Florentine Tart
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.1
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.1 mg
- Sodium 447.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g